Arisia, Inc. has a grant fund to disburse money.
Don't be shy. We really do want to give away our money.
From Sections 8.3-8.4 of the Arisia bylaws:
8.3 Requests for grant funding are prioritized as follows:
- Supporting and furthering discussion groups and conferences about the genre of science fiction and fantasy.
- Supporting and furthering libraries, archives, and other public forms of storage related to the genre. Such collections of material must be available for public use with regularly scheduled hours.
- Supporting and furthering literary research about the genre.
- Publications, in any medium, within the genre.
- The order of funding priorities set forth in this Section may be waived by the Membership by two-thirds vote, with at least 50% of the General members voting.
8.4 In making grants, the following issues shall be considered: fiscal stability, proximity to the Corporation (the nearer the better), numbers of other sources contacted (the more the better), and history of service to the science fiction and fantasy community.
All applicants must be non-profit organizations.
From Section 8.5 of the Arisia bylaws:
Any group having a restrictive membership shall not receive distributions. This prohibition may be waived by the membership by two-thirds vote, with at least 50% of all General members voting. A restrictive membership covenant is any of the following:
- Limiting full voting membership rights by virtue of race, religion, national origins, sex, sexual preference, or political affiliation;
- Requiring that a person be a non-voting member of the organization for a period of greater than one (1) year before acquiring voting rights;
- Requiring a vote of the membership, the officers, or a committee of the organization to grant full voting rights.
A complete grant proposal contains:
If you have applied for a grant from us before, and proven your eligibility, you don't need to do so again.
Completed grant proposals can be mailed to:
If you have questions, please send them to the address above, or to